Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trick of Time

Time has stopped ticking for now,
a long moment, held awhile
i linger on that pleasing smile;
taking in the bewitching gaze
and skipping a beat or two.
As she pauses.

With a rush of heady emotions;
time slows and halts for me
and rewinds and plays for me, and fast
like a gasp of scant breath in me
like a thunderbolt from the heavens
as she walks away.

Ticking as it is, the world moves on
And time and everything else, the same
i am breathing ,dead all the same
As everything is new and lit
words fail to describe my spirit ,and feeling
blessed,elated to see her now
As she turns again.

and reality, in a land far away
strikes like early doomsday
as time hastens and swoops on me
and the earth is pulled from under me
and all happiness is snuffed for me
as she smiles and waves goodbye
not to me, but to a passerby.

No comments: